In a spirit of respect, support and empowerment, the 4 Korners Family Resource Center is a non-profit community organization dedicated to assisting youth, adults, seniors and their families in the Laurentian region to access information, resources and services in English.
• We believe that it is important for people who share a common language to have an accessible, affordable and comfortable place to meet to build social support networks, exchange information and develop projects and programs for themselves.
• We believe in our right to receive health and social services in English.
• We believe that each person contributes to his/her own health and wellbeing and to that of the community.
• We believe that each voice is valuable within an organization, a system or a community and therefore a strong sense of belonging and responsibility should be encouraged.
• We believe that there is strength in collaboration, partnerships and networks.
• We believe that healthy families are the building blocks of a healthy community.
• To promote mental and physical health by delivering programs and services to people marginalized by factors such as isolation, language, and other risk factors.
• To provide early stimulation programs for pre-school children.
• To offer programs to prevent isolation, frailty and other conditions associated with aging.
In order to attain the above, we disseminate information and encourage and facilitate the use of existing resources and services offered by other agencies and institutions.