Physiotherapy services at the CSSS des Sommets mainly evaluate and treat problems that affect the physical functions of individuals, more particularly an inability or difficulties regarding the musculoskeletal and neurological systems. In the context of general services, physiotherapy treatments are characterized by short-term interventions, for less complex problems than the interventions performed by the specialized rehabilitation services.
These services include:
• functional evaluation of the physical capacities of the person;
• diagnostic interventions in order to establish an appropriate treatment plan;
• rehabilitation treatments, according to standard practice, to ensure the recovery of abilities or the reduction of pain. Various techniques can be used (e.g. massotherapy, electrotherapy, thermotherapy):
• functional rehabilitation treatments according to the established plan;
• instruction and supervision of exercise programs that the patient must do alone or with help from family members;
• the re-evaluation of the disability and adaptations of treatment according to the pace of recovery of the affected functions;
• information and advice of a preventive nature to avoid cases of relapse or to reduce the risk of injury;
• personalized referral towards specific services or specialized rehabilitation services for physical disability, particularly intensive functional rehabilitation services.
• Optimize the potential for healing injuries and recovery of affected functions
• Allow the person to rapidly recover abilities and autonomy.
• Prevent aggravation of the problems and deterioration of the state of health of the person in a way that will avoid permanent incapacity.
• Prevent deformations, falls, injuries, accidents and cases of relapse.
Who can benefit
Everyone, especially postoperative orthopedic patients
Outpatients Rehabilitation Clinic 1-855-SOMMETS (766-6387), ext. 4055